Is there any information collected about me?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes that we may organize (to the extent that the law allows), respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. If you have visited our site and are now reading this policy, you have already noted that we also ask for certain documentation in order to confirm that you are of the appropriate age in order to purchase our products, and we discuss this separately within the Terms and Conditions on our website.
- Immediately upon entering our site or registering and when ordering product, we will require you to verify your age and other identifying information in order for us to determine that you are of legal age to view our site and to purchase our products. Please keep in mind that we are required to request this information by law so that we do not inadvertently sell merchandise to any children – including your children -- who are not of the age of majority.
- Similar to many websites, we do use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how the cookies are utilized by us.
How is the information you collect used?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion that we may organize, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature, should we elect to do so and to the extent that the law allows.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. In the future, visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and as we grow, 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
Is my visitor information protected and if so, how?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems. These individuals are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply to us is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above. Also, all sensitive age-related and driver license information is also secured on our end and retained only for so long as our state compliance requirements necessitate that we retain such information to prove (should we be requested by any state official to do so) that we routinely check in all instances that our customers meet or exceed the age restrictions for sales of nicotine-related products. Please understand that this is a very serious matter for us and as we said above, we treat your information as if it were our own.
What about the information in the “My Account” segment of your site?
If you use our Site, you are jointly responsible for helping us to maintain the confidentiality of the information you submit through “My Account” and you are solely responsible for maintaining the corresponding password and for restricting access to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under “My Account” or password. We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts and to remove or edit content submitted by you in the “My Account” area of the Site.
What do you do with "cookies" on your site?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s “Help” menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, if this occurs you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service should you wish to do so or if it is more convenient for you to place your order that way.
Are outside parties ever provided with the information you collect from me?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. Please note that the term "outside parties" does not include Unique eCigs, Inc. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety and of course, to satisfy state regulators who may inquire from time to time regarding our age restriction safeguards and policies.
Please keep in mind, however, that non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Is it possible for me to opt-out, remove or modify information I have provided to Digitalciggz?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails or communications already in production, we might not be able to revise the mailing list in time depending upon when we receive your opt-out notice.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
How do you monitor third party links that appear on your website?
The fact is that we cannot. Neither can most other websites that you might visit on the internet. In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may in the future include third party links on our site which only you have the option to access should you desire to do so. Let us point out that these linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies and these policies may not be as comprehensive as ours. We do not control these third party links so therefore we have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
How can I reach you to ask questions and provide you feedback?
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue to email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website as well as product returns.